Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving in Munich....ehhhh.....

So what to do on the traditional turkey day when the family is 6000 miles away and I want my turkey. To start, I looked up places in Munich that were serving thanksgiving meals. Sure enough, I found at least 3 of them. The catch was that most wanted a reservation made, possibly paid beforehand, and the price was anywhere from 31-40 Euro. That's about 50-60 US Dollars if you pay attention to how weak our money is over here.

I soon forgo any other attempts at getting my 'authentic' expensive thanksgiving meal. I do want turkey, and Ethan from work, another American, is down to find some with me. We end up going to Berg Poppenheim, a little German place near my apartment. We ordered puten schnitzel and pommes, translation, pounded and battered turkey, with french fries. Top that off with some salad, 4 beers, and call it a night. It was a hearty meal, and I remember wanting a nap afterwards, so it was just like a normal Thanksgiving.

Looking forward to Mom's home cookin back in Phoenix. Christmas is right around the corner people, and I'm almost home.

parker

No comments: