Saturday, October 6, 2007

Kris and Monica’s wedding…September 28th…


My first taste of America in two months. Sept 26th I flew back to Phoenix for Kris and Monica’s wedding. I get in Thursday night and hopped in the car with my Dad to go meet the rest of my family for Mexican food….ohh how much I missed Mexican food. I wish I had had more of an appetite, but traveling that long really took it out of me. And I found it funny that everyone said I looked older, different, weird, etc with my beard. “I’m surprised they let you board the plane with that patchy beard.” ….yeah thanks Spencer. Well I shaved it off the next morning as planned.

But Friday I joined up with everyone for the rehearsal ceremony and then rehearsal dinner. It was good to see everyone and people kept saying how much they appreciated me flying back….but I knew I couldn’t miss my best friend of 11 years’ wedding. After dinner, we went back to the hotel to hit up the bar at the top of the Pointe, where a lot of people came to hang out. We drank and talked, trying to catch up with everyone I hadn’t seen in a long time. We left around midnight, I think, and then went to the spa outside by our room we had for the evening. Highlights include, Jason stealing beers from the three other kids that were there, Jason attempting to top off everyone’s beer while spilling most into the pool, and Jason lighting a cigarette he got from the girl and lighting it filter end first. Then Eric pushed him in the pool and we walked back to the room, made a bunch of noise, and went to sleep.

Up bright and early on Saturday morning, we hung out at the pool cabana all morning. Had a few beers, but he food I had was terrible. I think they went to 7-11 to pick up our sandwiches. But the pool was nice and nobody got sunburned. We dressed in our tuxes around 3 and got ready for pictures. Arizona sure is hot standing in a black tux with 4 layers of clothing.

Pinky out Nick...


But the wedding went off without a hitch. I walked down with two bridesmaid because I am a pimp, ahem, i mean we had one more bridesmaid than groomsmen. On the way out I had Scott, my brother in law, yelling ‘don’t let it go to your head!’ as I was coming in the door, right around the time I noticed Alex had made it to the wedding in time, woohoo! But soon we had made our way upstairs and began the festivities. I was pretty tired, I guess staying up til 3 and then waking up at 8 is not so much a good idea before a wedding. But that is the way things went.

Most hilarious photo ever!

My parents, Alex, and I...

But it was really good to see a lot of friends and my family this weekend. It went by so quick but was so worth it to be there. Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Wood!!



parker

No comments: